Home page Cottages in the Resorts

"Lelecha
Oselia" Cottage
Liubov Chaplia

 
The cottage is situated in the centre of Nahuievychi village not far from Ivan Franko’s Manor-Museum and 21 km from Truskavets and 26 km from Skhidnytsya. A modern, two-storeyed building with a stylishly pointed towered roof. There are 10 suites in the cottage: single rooms, double rooms, two-bedroomed suites with all the facilities. There is a restaurant ‘Lelecha Oselia’ with two banquet-halls on two different levels decorated in a country-style. There is also a summer terrace with a fire-place. The traditional Ukrainian cuisine is being served.

At your service there is a wedding hall, a dance-hall, two separate VIP-halls, Café/restaurant, lounge rooms, patios, a barbecue and a car parking.

This village used to be Sol’ne years ago, then it was called Bashevo. Since 1240 it has been known as Nahuievychi. In the 13th century there was a fortress and Basilian Monastery there. Even now there is a wooden church here. It is St. Nicolas Relics Transference Church of 1801, which according to the legends was built instead of the oldest monastery burned by Tatars around 1600 (first written record since 1566).
According to the documents there was a saltern in the village. The technology of salt extraction was simple. Salt brine was taken out of not deep pits with the help of the specialized mechanism, run by horses, and was poured into large jars, placed in the towers. That’s where the brine was boiled out and burnt in the fire, forming conus-shaped clumps the so-called “Topky”. There were 3 towers in Nahuievychi’s salterns where “Topky” had been produced, and one where salt in barrels was made. With the transfer of Galicia under the Austrian reign, salt producing fell into decay due to the salt monopoly introduction and competition with other regions of Austria. In 1788 no more salt was produced in Nahuievychi.
The architectural and sculptural composition named ‘Ivan Franko and the World Literature’ next to the museum in 1986.
The restored house of Ivan Franko’s parents in 1986.
This village is well-known among ordinary Ukrainians as far as Ivan Franko was born and grown here. He spent a lot of time here while studying in Drohobych and Lviv. It was the very place, where he went later to work and to rest with his family. In the suburbs of Drohobych there is a conservation area ‘Ivan Franko’s Path’ where a wide range of the characters of his works carved in wood are placed. In the village itself there is Ivan Franko’s Manor-Museum.
Fairy Valley, the Poet’s Path Part.
Fairy Valley, the Poet’s Path Part.
Fairy Valley, the Poet’s Path Part.
Chapel in ‘Yaryna’ track.

Designed by VorteX